PHP is an open-source, interpreted, and object-oriented scripting language that can be executed on the server-side. PHP is well suited for web development. Therefore, it is used to develop web applications.
- Performance: PHP script is executed much faster than those scripts which are written in other languages such as JSP and ASP. PHP uses its own memory, so the server workload and loading time are automatically reduced, which results in faster processing speed and better performance.
- Open Source: PHP source code and software are freely available on the web. You can develop all the versions of PHP according to your requirement without paying any cost. All its components are free to download and use.
- Familiarity with the syntax: PHP has easily understandable syntax. Programmers are comfortable coding with it.
- Embedded: PHP code can be easily embedded within HTML tags and scripts.
- Platform Independent: PHP is available for WINDOWS, MAC, LINUX & UNIX operating systems. A PHP application developed in one OS can be easily executed in another OS also.
- Database Support: PHP supports all the leading databases such as MySQL, SQLite, ODBC, etc.
- Error Reporting: PHP has predefined error reporting constants to generate an error notice or warning at runtime.
- Loosely Typed Language: PHP allows us to use a variable without declaring its data type. It will be taken automatically at the time of execution based on the type of data it contains on its value.
- Web servers Support: PHP is compatible with almost all local servers used today like Apache, Netscape, Microsoft IIS, etc.
- Security: PHP is a secure language to develop the website. It consists of multiple layers of security to prevent threats and malicious attacks.
- Control: Different programming languages require long scripts or code, whereas PHP can do the same work in a few lines of code. It has maximum control over the websites like you can make changes easily whenever you want.
- The most important advantage of PHP is that it’s open-source and free from cost. It can be downloaded anywhere and is readily available to use for events or web applications.
- It is platform-independent. PHP-based applications can run on any OS like UNIX, Linux, and Windows, etc.
- Applications can easily be loaded which are based on PHP and connected to the database. It’s mainly used due to its faster rate of loading over slow internet speed than other programming language.
- It has less learning curve because it is simple and straightforward to use. Someone familiar with C programming can easily work on PHP.
- It is more stable for a few years with the assistance of providing continuous support to various versions.
- It helps in reusing an equivalent code and not got have to write lengthy code and sophisticated structure for events of web applications.
- It helps in managing code easily.
- It has powerful library support to use various function modules for data representation.
- PHP’s built-in database connection modules help in the connecting database easily reducing trouble and time for the development of web applications and content-based sites.
- The popularity of PHP gave rise to the various communities of developers, a fraction of which may be potential candidates for hire.
- Flexibility makes PHP ready to effectively combine with many other programming languages in order that the software package could use foremost effective technology for every particular feature.