Python is an interpreted, high-level and general purpose programming language. Its design philosophy emphasizes code readability with the use of significant indentation. Its language constructs and object-oriented approach aim to help programmers write clear, logical code for small- and large-scale projects.
It is being used for:
- Development of Website (server-side).
- Software Development.
- In mathematics.
- System Scripting.
- Easy to Read, Learn and Write
- Improved Productivity
- Interpreted Language
- Dynamically Typed
- Free and Open-Source
- Easy Language: Python has a smooth learning curve. It is easy to learn. Python has a simple syntax and Python code is easy to understand. Since it’s easy to understand, you can easily read and understand someone else’s code. Python is also easy to write because of its simple syntax.
- Readable: Python uses indentation instead of curly braces, unlike other programming languages. This makes the code look clean and easier to understand.
- Interpreted Language: Python is an interpreted language. It comes with the IDLE (Interactive Development Environment). This is an interpreter and follows the REPL structure (Read-Evaluate-Print-Loop). It executes and displays the output of one line at a time.
- Dynamically-Typed Language: Python is not statically-typed like Java. You don’t need to declare data type while defining a variable. The interpreter determines this at runtime based on the types of the parts of the expression. This is easy for programmers but can create runtime errors.
- Object-Oriented: Python is object-oriented but supports both functional and object-oriented programming. Everything in Python is an object.
- Open-Source: Python is open-source and the community is always contributing to it to improve it. It is free and its source code is freely available to the public. You can download Python from the official Python Website.
- Large Standard Library: The standard library is large and has many packages and modules with common and important functionality. If you need something that is available in this standard library, you don’t need to write it from scratch. Because of this, you can focus on more important things.
- Platform-Independent: Python is platform-independent. If you write a program, it will run on different platforms like Windows, Mac and Linux. You don’t need to write them separately for each platform.
- Extensible and Embeddable: Python is extensible. You can use code from other languages like C++ in your Python code. It is also embeddable. You can embed your Python code in other languages like C++.
- GUI Support: You can use Python to create GUI (Graphical User Interfaces). Python features a huge number of GUI frameworks available for it to variety of other cross-platform solutions. It binds to platform-specific technologies.
- High-level Language: Python is a high-level language and C++ is mid-level. It is easy to understand and closer to the user. You don’t need to remember system architecture or manage the memory.
WHY LEARN PYTHON PROGRAMMING?
- Python’s popularity & high salary
- Python is simple & easy to learn
- Python is portable & extensible
- Python is used in Data Science
- Python is used in scripting & automation
- Python used with Big Data
- Python supports Testing
- Computer Graphics in Python
- Python used in Artificial Intelligence
- Python in Web Development